(Newsmax) Fifty-six percent of voters believe President Donald Trump is delivering on his campaign promises, while 27 percent disagree, a new Politico/Morning Consult poll reveals.
Here are the rest of the highlights of the poll:
- 50 percent of voters approve of the job Trump is doing as president, while 45 percent disapprove.
- 69 percent say Trump has accomplished at least what they expected or more, compared to 20 percent who say he has accomplished less.
Jake Sherman reports for Politico the poll confirms what is expected to be Trump’s focus in his speech Tuesday night to a joint session of Congress.
The administration believes it has begun to secure the nation’s borders, bring jobs back to the U.S. and has started the process of repealing and replacing Obamacare, according to Politico.
“While Americans are divided on President Trump’s policy agenda, most say he is making headway on it,” said Kyle Drop, Morning Consult’s co-founder and chief research officer.
“An overwhelming majority of Trump’s supporters, and even many of his critics, see a president who is delivering on his promises.”
Here is how the rest of the poll breaks down:
- 65 percent agree or somewhat agree the U.S. should allow more highly skilled immigrants to come and live here, while 25 percent disagree.
- 40 percent agree or somewhat agree the U.S. should allow low-skilled immigrants to come and live here, while 47 percent disagree.
- 43 percent believe the nation is headed in the right direction, while 57 percent believe it is on the wrong track.
- 47 percent trust Republicans in Congress to handle the economy, while 34 percent have faith in the Democrats to handle the issue.
- 42 percent trust Democrats in Congress to handle healthcare, compared to 40 percent who have faith in Republicans to handle the issue.
The poll of 2,000 registered voters was conducted Feb. 24-26. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.