(NBC News) The Trump administration on Monday rolled out the second edition of a controversial immigration executive order, which temporarily suspends immigration into the United States from now only six predominantly-Muslim countries.

Citizens from the affected countries — Iran, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen, Syria, and Libya — will be subjected to a 90-day ban on travel to the United States. Iraq was previously listed among those nations, but was removed from this latest iteration of the travel ban after assurances from the Iraqi government of increased information sharing with the United States, a senior Department of Homeland Security official told reporters on Monday.

The order will go into effect on March 16, does not revoke existing visas approved before that date and does not explicitly apply to current lawful permanent residents and green card holders.

Visas revoked because of the original travel ban have been been fully restored, according to the State Department.

 

“To our allies and partners around the word, please understand this order is part of our ongoing efforts to eliminate vulnerabilities that radical Islamic terrorists can and will exploit for destructive ends,” Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said after the executive order’s signing.

 

Continue Reading: President Trump Signs New Immigration Executive Order – NBC News